Monday 11 April 2011

Relationships: Friendship

The Bible gives us several characteristics of friendship. It gives us some great advice and guidance to ensure that we build the best friendships we possibly can. Check out these dynamite verses:

Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loves at all times
Proverbs 18:24- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother
Proverbs 27:6 - Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. Proverbs 27:10 - Do not forsake your friend.

These verses are powerful stuff and illustrate God's heart for friendships. God wants to bless all friendships and encourages us to build up strong friendships which are based on honesty, commitment and affection. The word friend literally means "someone who you like who likes you" if you have someone like this in your life then it is a good thing! treasure your friendships put work into it, make them feel appreciate and be honest with them even if it hurts sometimes like proverbs 27 says it is better to have a friend who is willing to actually be honest with you then a whole bunch of enemies that just boost your ego.

I pray that I would listen to my friends when they offer me honest advice, may I have the humility to accept their rebuke and I pray that I would also have the boldness to be a true friend to show them grace in all situations yet speak truth into their lives. Grant me this Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment